Thursday, December 17, 2015

Vung Tau - well-known location for weekendtrips from Saigon City

Vung Tau - famous destination for weekendtrips from Saigon City

Vung Tau (Vũng Tàu) is a city in Southern Vietnam. It is 125 km (about 77 miles) from Ho Chi Minh City, and is a popular location for weekend journeys from Ho Chi Minh City.

Understand

Vung Tau is the traveler and commercial center of BACHELOR'S DEGREE Rịa - Vũng Tàu (an industrial province in Southeastern Vietnam). The entire city location lies on a peninsula which is separated from the mainland by a gulf river called Co May river.

History

Throughout 15th and 14th centuries, the cape that would end up being Vũng Tàu was a location which European trading ships checked out frequently. Portuguese navigators who passed Vũng Tàu lots of times named it Sant'Iago after Saint James.

Vũng Tàu was initially referred to as Tam Thắng ("3 Boats") in memory of the very first 3 towns in this area: Thắng Nhất, Thắng Nhị, Thắng Tam. It was within the province of Biên Hòa under the Nguyen dynasty, the last imperial house to rule Vietnam.

February 10, 1859 marks the date of the use of cannons by the Nguyen militaries versus the French when they fired at the French battleships from the fortress of Phước Thắng, located 100 m from Vũng Tàu's Front Beach. This marked a crucial duration in Vietnam's war versus French invaders in the Southern many part of Vietnam (then called Cochinchina). Nevertheless, the French was successful in dominating the southern part of Vietnam by 18 February 1859.

In 1876, according to a decree by the French colonialists, Vũng Tàu was combined in BACHELOR'S DEGREE Rịacounty, a part of Saigon administration (French: Circonscription De Saigon).

On 1 May 1895 the guv of Cochinchina established by decree that Cap Saint Jacques would afterwards be a self-governing town. In 1898, Cap Saint Jacques was merged with Bachelor's degree Ria County as soon as again however was divided again in 1899.

http://www.gettingvietnamvisa.com/requirements/australian/

In 1901, the population of Vũng Tàu was 5,690, of which 2000 individuals were immigrants from Northern Vietnam. The majority of the town's population made their living in the fishing market.

On 4 April 1905 Cap Saint Jacques was made a management district of Ba Ria province. In 1929, Cap Saint Jacques ended up being a province, and in 1934 ended up being a city (commune).

The French governor of Indochina, Paul Doumer (who later on became President of France), built an estate in Vũng Tàu that is still a prominent landmark in the city.

Throughout the Vietnam War (called the American War in Vietnam), Vũng Tàu was the home of the Australian Army and American support units, and was a popular area for in-country R&R for U.S. fight troops. After the war, Vũng Tàu was a typical launching location for the Vietnamese Boat People fleeing the new regime.

On 30 May 1979, Vũng Tàu town was made the capital of Vũng Tàu-Côn Đảo Special Admistrative Zone.

On 12 August 1991, the province of BACHELOR'S DEGREE Rịa-Vũng Tàu was formally established and Vũng Tàu town officially ended up being Vũng Tàu city.

Economy and society

The city is located in the southern part of Vietnam, and is positioned at the suggestion of a small peninsula. It has actually generally been a significant port, specifically during Vietnam's duration of French rule. Today, the city's importance as a shipping port has decreased, but it still plays a considerable role in Vietnam's overseas oil market. Vung Tau is the only petroleum base of Vietnam where crude oil and gas exploitation activities control the city's economy and contribute principal earnings to Vietnam's spending plan and export volume.

Vũng Tàu is the home of 210,000 people, which 1250 are Russians working as specialists in the oil industry.

Phu My Port is a deep-water port able to accommodate ships varying between 40,000 and 60,000 dwt.Phu My is an industrial port without any towns close by. A shuttle bus might be supplied to the small town of Bachelor's degree Ria where you can take a taxi to a bigger city like Vung Tau.


Throughout 14th and 15th centuries, the cape that would become Vũng Tàu was a location which European trading ships checked out regularly. The ships' activities inspired the name Vũng Tàu, which indicates "ship's bay" or "anchorage" in Vietnamese. Portuguese navigators who passed Vũng Tàu many times called it Sant'Iago after Saint James. The cliff of Vũng Tàu is now called Mũi Nghinh Phong (literally suggests "Cape of welcoming the wind").

February 10, 1859 marks the date of the use of cannons by the Nguyen armed forces versus the French when they fired at the French battleships from the fortress of Phước Thắng, situated 100 m from Vũng Tàu's Front Beach.

0 comments:

Post a Comment